If you are bored of making the same vada for all the festivals, then try this one next. It remains crisp even after it becomes cold.
- 2 cups Poha/ Aval/ Avallakki
- 1/2 cup Channa dal
- 1 tbsp Toor Dal
- 4 Green chillies
- 1" piece ginger
- 1/4 tsp Asaofoetida
- 1 handful Coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt (Adjust to taste)
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash and soak the channa dal and toor dal for 30 minutes.
- Wash & soak the poha/Aval for 15 mins
- Grind the dals along with green chillies and ginger, coarsely without adding much water.
- In a bowl, add the ground mixture, the soaked aval, coriander leaves, salt, asafoetida and mix everything well to form a dough.
- Heat oil in a wok /kadai for deep frying.
- Make small balls and flatten them and fry till golden brown. Remove them with a slotted spoon and drain the excess oil on a tissue paper.