Read More »
This is a an easy and quick recipe that is loved at our home. I use the bow-tie pasta as my daughter likes that shape but you can use any type of pasta for this recipe. I generally dont use any cheese as the white sauce gives a creamy taste but if you do like to have a cheesy pasta, then in the end add some grated rennet free cheese just before serving.
- 1 cup Pasta
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste (or 1 Tomato pureed)
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilly Powder (Adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Salt (Adjust to taste)
- 1 cup chopped Vegetables (Cauliflower, Carrots, Peas, Beans, Corn)
- Take a pan and boil the Pasta with enough Water, Olive Oil and 1 tsp Salt till it gets cooked. Switch off when it is almost cooked and then drain the cooked Pasta in a colander.
- In the meantime, cook the chopped vegetables in the microwave for 3-4 minutes till they get cooked.
- Heat a pan and add the butter. When it melts, add the All purpose flour and mix it and then add the milk slowly and mix well till you remove all the lumps.
- When the above mixture reaches a saucy consistency, then reduce the heat to low and add the tomato paste / puree and mix well. remember to reduce the heat or the milk will start to curdle.
- Now add the cooked vegetables, oregano, turmeric, chilly powder, salt and mix well.
- Add the cooked pasta and mix well on low heat till the flavors blend in. Serve hot!