Dill is my favorite and I wanted to try this dill in pulao and it was a big hit especially with my daughter who is a very fussy eater. The veggies are optional but I feel guilty to make any dish without the veggies, so I have added whatever my family likes. You may add the veggies of your choice and if there is none available you can even skip the veggies and make the pulao with just the dill leaves. This is a very flavorful and healthy one pot meal.
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 bunch Dill leaves (cleaned and chopped)
- 3 cups chopped Vegetables (Cauliflower, Potato, Lima beans, Carrots)
- 2 Cardamom
- 4 Cloves
- 1" piece Cinnamon
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp Oil (Olive Oil preferably)
- 3 Green chillies (Adjust to your taste)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped Ginger
- 1/2 tsp All Spice Powder (Optional)
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Salt (Adjust to your taste)
- Heat oil in a cooker and when the oil is hot enough add the cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf, asafoetida, cumin seeds, all spice powder(if adding), green chillies and ginger.
- Add the Dill leaves and saute for a few minutes. Then add the vegetables and mix well.
- Wash and add the basmati rice and mix well. Add 1.5 cups of water and salt and close the cooker and cook on low heat for around 15 min or till the rice is cooked.
- Serve Dill pulao hot with a raita of your choice.