This is a popular appetizer in USA and very easy to make at home. All cheese lovers will love this dish, but be sure to buy rennet free cheese.
- 8 String cheese (Rennet free)
- 1/4 cup Bread Crumbs
- Salt (As required)
- Chilli Powder (As Required)
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- Any other seasoning like Oregano / Ajwain / Sesame seeds (Optional)
- Oil to shallow fry
- Freeze the cheese sticks for 10 min.
- Mix the All purpose flour, salt, chilli powder and seasonings (if using) with water, to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Cut the cheese sticks into halves and dip the stick in the batter and roll it over the bread crumbs and shallow fry them in the oil.
- Remove it with a slotted spoon and drain the excess oil on a tissue.
- Serve hot with ketchup.